Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Show and Go-Guilford, VT

Lead out Practice

On Labor Day Dave drove Stewie and I and Cleveland to Guildford, Vermont to Breeze Thru Agility's annual Show and Go. Stewie went several years ago when he was very young and we had a great time. We went this year to work on our weave poles in a trial situation. We did 2 Standard runs and one Jumpers run.
Since the obstacles were awfully close together for us, I did a lot of layering and sending Stewie to obstacles. I did long lead outs on each course too, at least 2 or 3 obstacles and maintaining lateral distance also.
The sequence was the dog walk to a tunnel and then the weave poles. The first run, he ran by the weave poles just like he has been doing in trials. I resent him and he did great poles and I stopped and treated him.
The 2nd regular run he nailed the weave pole entry and kept going and finished the poles. I threw his tug and treat for him with a jackpot in it, just like I do in training. I think this was a good reinforcement for him.



The jumpers run was an easy one with lots of sends. I used it to practice my lead out. I led out 3 jumps and pretty much stayed in that position and sent him around the course. A spectator took some great shots of him too! Thank you Dave Copeland!


Jumpers photos by Dave Copeland, thank you!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jules said...

Sounds like a very fun day. And useful training!!