Monday, March 16, 2009

Bo-Gee Practice on Friday

Stewie and I had a practice at Bo-Gee on Friday the 13th. I wanted to work on his A frame contact behavior and start getting this contact behavior on the A-frame when I didn't follow him to the end. I had noticed the last time that when I didn't go all the way with him was when he started creeping down to the contact zone.
He did a great job on downing at the bottom of the A frame even when I didn't go all the way.

He also did a really excellent job on all but one of his dog walk contact, and we were working from at least 20-25 feet away laterally. He is doing really really well at sending to the dog walk and also stopping and crouching at the end and waiting for me to say OK. I am hopefully we will finally start getting this behavior at trials! Imagine not missing a otherwise perfect run by a missed dog walk contact.
Well it doesn't hurt to hope!

No comments: